Parents are encouraged to volunteer at San Jacinto Christian Academy. Research has shown that student success and parent involvement are directly linked. Children whose parents are involved in their schools do better. Research has shown that children of a school volunteer make better grades and perform better on tests. They’re also better behaved, have better attendance, and are more likely to graduate and continue their education. The more parents participate at school, the more successful their children will be.
San Jacinto Christian Academy values our parent volunteers. Parents are encouraged to be active on campus through parent organizations such as, Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF), Moms in Prayer and the San Jac Booster Club.
Many opportunities outside of organized groups exist. Some ways to serve include:
- Classroom Volunteer/Donation (bulletin board, cutting out items, other teacher assistance)
- School Office Assistance (phone, mail, filing, attendance)
- Volunteer Substitute Teaching (4.5 hours/half day or 8 hours/full day) – application required
- Fieldtrip Driver - application required This includes driving players to sports events.
- Assistance during events such as Christmas and Spring Programs
- School Activities/Parties, Field Days, Science Fair, History Project Days
- Student Ministry Outreach Projects
- Other publicized projects/requests